Monday 28 June 2004

Leaving

I am leaving for Albania tomorrow and actually have tons of things to do, but have to write something as well. It starts to get an addiction, so strange.
A strange feeling slowly takes possession of my stomach: excitement, fear and curiosity. How will it be, how are the people, how is the work, will they accept me, can I do what they want me to do? I have no idea where I will end up, but that is also the fun of it. Don't know where I will live, what kind of work I will do and if it is a nice country. If I had chosen Cuba, Pakistan or Burkina Faso (well ok, not the latter) I might have had a better idea what I can expect as these countries are more commonly known. The thing is that I always want to be different and strange, so I picked Albania. Around this time tomorrow, I will be somewhere, though not knowing where... Ain't travelling just great?
Just went out for some last shopping: bought some new trousers and shirts and as usual spend too much money. :) I told the guy in the shop where I was going to and he started to talk about people in long, black dresses. Clearly, he had no idea where Albania is situated... The recent discussion in The Netherlands about immigrants who have to take a naturalization course can be seen from a completely different perspective if the Dutch took a Europe course...

No comments:

 

My personal world map

Visited Countries
Visited Countries Map from TravelBlog