Sunday 4 July 2004

Albania 1

My travel down here was not without problems. In all my travels by plane I never lost any piece of my luggage, but when you sit in a plane that leaves and still see your luggage on a carrier next to it, a strange feeling comes over you. So I arrived here without any luggage (which stayed in Budapest, but arrived the next day) and the customsofficer didn't know the visa I had, which took some time as well. Luckily I was picked up at the airport by Cas, who is the deputy-ambassador and Kolli, one of the local staff members. We first drove to the embassy where I got a quick tour through the embassy and got introduced to all the staff members. The ambassador has left the day I arrived and the new one will come somewhere in August, same goes for the head of administration.
After this I was taken to what will be my apartment for the next 3 months. It is situated right in the centre of town along a shoppingstreet, on the 10th floor. It has a livingroom and kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a roofterrace of 50m2 on the 11th floor... HUGE!! But I pay 400Euro for it, so it must be as well (I pay 200 in NL...). It's hot here: around 32degrees C and not likely to change till October, but it's summer, so what else to expect? :)

No comments:

 

My personal world map

Visited Countries
Visited Countries Map from TravelBlog