Monday 26 July 2004

The Weekend

We closed the embassy early on Friday after the minister left. In the evening I had a "date" with one of the few beautiful blondes in Tirana (most are fake blondes and not nice) who works for the European Commission. She is here for a longer time already, so could tell me a bit more about the city and where to go. She has a bit problems with her nationality though. The name "Von Hohenlohe" would perfectly go with German nobility, which she is, but she has lived the past 7 or 8 years in France, before that around the world and she is quarter Spanish. Quite confusing, but she does speak her languages! We had a great time though, as she can oppose me, which I need once in a while. Seems that so far only German women succeed in doing that. Strange... On Saturday we met again at the pool of a very expensive hotel (I am not a member, but with bluffing and showing businesscards you get quite far) and enjoyed the time getting some sun and swimming. In the evening I had a birthday party of Elga, our translator and more at the embassy. At a resort with pool on a hill overlooking the city. It was great, lot's of food and drinks, a good DJ (although maybe a bit too much Albanian dance?) and a superb atmosphere. I danced till 1.30am and when I got home I was so tired that I slept till 1pm. Sunday was a lazy day with doing lots of nothing and reading. In the evening had dinner with a German friend and went to the Historical Museum to listen to a classical concert. Now back to work and tomorrow morning at 5.30am driving to the border, to pick up my parents who will visit me for around 2 weeks and drove down here by car.

No comments:

 

My personal world map

Visited Countries
Visited Countries Map from TravelBlog