Sunday 4 July 2004

Albania 2

Started on Wednesday with working already, although my contract only said Thursday, but since I had no luggage and was anxious to start, I immediately got quite a few things to do. I have my own office, with pc (19" TFT-screen :)), telephone, fax, printer etc etc. It's actually from the Head of Administartion, but since he is not here, I can use it. Will move when the new one comes, but it is unknown when that will be. Since the embassy lacks 2 persons of the normal (Dutch) staff, I will do all the things that others cannot do or what still has to be done. It will give me a broad overview of the work on an embassy and that's exactly why I wanted this traineeship. They also gave me an official title for the time here: Attaché! :) LOL Well, since I am supposed to operate on my own and also do some stuff as representation I have to have somekind of title. For example on Friday I joined Cas on planting some new trees with the mayor. The Dutch embassy sponsored the trees so we had to be there for the opening and say some words for the TV-crews. My first TV-appearance in Albania was a fact! :) At the moment I am making the 2week news overview for the ambassadorsmeeting, which NL presides, am helping the Trade attaché with a business scan of Albania, preparing the visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs in 2 weeks, make an overview of all medical facilities in Albania etc. My desk is already covered with paper, dossiers, prints etc. I have to say though that it is fun to do and that I am really enjoying myself. I operate more or less on my own with my own projects and contacts, I just have to inform Cas what I am doing. Can see myself already working on an embassy in 2 years or so...

No comments:

 

My personal world map

Visited Countries
Visited Countries Map from TravelBlog